Bright Way's breakaway kit BWK2382 includes a 5-amp-hour battery. This BWK2382 breakaway kit is a system that will bring your trailer safely to a stop. When the breakaway cable detaches from the switch, the trailer's electric brakes will be activated.
- Breakaway system activates your trailer's electric brakes if the trailer disconnects from the tow vehicle, 30 second activation after pin is pulled
- Brakes receive signal to activate when cable detaches from switch
- 5-Amp-hour Rechargeable Battery included in the kit
- Battery box can be mounted on your trailer frame so you can open it from either above or the side
- Durable, plastic case protects the battery (sold separately) from the elements
- Rubber O-ring seal keeps out moisture
- Weather/corrosion resistant
- Switch and battery box install on trailer frame - drilling required
- Hardware not included
- Convenient wiring diagram is printed on the box
- Kit includes breakaway switch, battery box, and wiring
- Meets DOT Requirements
- LED screen
- Application: single-axle or tandem-axle trailers with electric braking systems
- Breakaway cable length: 4"
- Outer box dimensions: 7 1/8" x 5 1/4" x 4 1/4"
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
Note: A breakaway system is required by law in most states for trailers that are equipped with electric brakes and have a GTW of at least 3,000 lbs.
If you need help or any additional information about the Bright Way Group Trailer BWK2382 Breakaway Kit or any other of our products, do not hesitate to contact our customer service representatives via email, chat or call toll free at (800) 409-0250.