Bright Way 2343 Trailer Breakaway Kit with Charger (Battery not included):
Bright Way's Bright Way 2343 Trailer Breakaway Kit with Charger (Battery not included) is a system that will bring your trailer safely to a stop. When the breakaway cable detaches from the switch, the trailer's electric brakes will be activated.
Breakaway systems are designed to apply the brakes in the event that the trailer becomes disconnected from the tow vehicle's hitch while in motion. This type of device is required in many states and provinces as a safety precaution. Bright Way Group offers a wide selection of kit styles including the patented ICU "Incident Crisis Unit". No other Break Away Kit can provide this level of protection.
- Water-resistant case
- Protective wire loom
- Breakaway system activates your trailer's electric brakes if the trailer disconnects from the tow vehicle
- Brakes receive a signal to activate when the cable detaches from a switch
- The battery box can be mounted on your trailer frame so you can open it from either above or the side
- A durable, plastic case protects the battery (sold separately) from the elements
- Rubber O-ring seal keeps out moisture
- Switch and battery box install on trailer frame - drilling required
- A convenient wiring diagram is printed on the box
- Kit includes a breakaway switch, battery box, and wiring
- Application: single-axle or tandem-axle trailers with electric braking systems
- Breakaway cable length: 4"
- Battery box dimensions: 5.12" (L) x 5.06" (W) x 3.375" (H)
- 1-year limited warranty
- 5-amp-hour battery NOT INCLUDED in the kit
- Hardware NOT INCLUDED
A breakaway system is required by law in most states for trailers that are equipped with electric brakes and have a GTW of at least 3,000 lbs.
Bright Way 2343 Trailer Breakaway Kit with Charger (Battery not included).
If you need help or any additional information about the Bright Way Group Trailer BWK2343 Breakaway Kit or any other of our products, do not hesitate to contact our customer service representatives via email, chat or call toll free at (800) 409-0250.